Skip to main content

RE: Touché

Facebook post of a conversation between a friend and her youngest child, a 6 year old girl:

Little girl: Mom, how old will I be when [oldest brother, 16 yrs. old] is a dad?
Friend: {In my head} Good Lord, at least 20 I hope. {Out loud} Well, we never know how old we will be when we become parents; only God knows.
{Apparently not a good enough answer}
Little girl:  But how old CAN you be when you have a baby?
Friend: Well...sometimes we just don't have an answer. I don't know how old you CAN be, I only know that we wait until God gives us a baby.
Little girl: I can't believe you have 6 babies and you have no idea how old you are when you can get them and have no idea how they get in your belly.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

RE: Serious Gratitude

Not all things captured on this page must be inane and silly. "It does not escape me for one moment that so much joy in my life is thanks to so much pain in someone else's." - Lupita Nyong'o while accepting her Best Supporting Actress Oscar for her role in "12 Years a Slave"