Skip to main content

RE: Get Out The Bed & Get Out The Vote!

I got this email from Stella on Nov. 5th:

So, at 2:30am this morning, our phone rings. Holy crap, right? It's a robo call about VOTING!!!! So, I tracked the number down to the [political candidate] office in Columbus and sent them this email. Bastards.

Subject: Thank You SO MUCH - A Letter of Gratitude

Hi-

I would just like to thank you for calling me at 2:30am today from Columbus, Ohio. I definitely needed a reminder that there is a presidential election coming up. You see, I've been living under a rock for the past year and your phone call in the wee hours of the night made me peek my small, sun deprived head out from under my cozy moss covered home to answer your robo-call just in time for me to get out and ROCK THE VOTE tomorrow. Ha! You see what I did there? "Rock the vote" and I live under a rock....clever, eh? Perhaps, one day I can return the favor. Maybe I can call you at 3:45am on a Wednesday to remind you "Hey! It's Friday in 2 days!" or maybe I can call at 5:15am on July 4 to remind you to "Wish our country a very HAPPY BIRTHDAY today!" Would you like that? I bet you would. Because, who DOESN'T like receiving phone calls in the middle of the night?! They are so much fun! The racing heart and pit in your stomach because just maybe THIS will be the phone call that is a real emergency and not just a friendly reminder to vote. So, thanks for that great phone call at 2:30am. That was the one phone call I needed to really get me out the door to vote.

Yours Gratefully,
A Voter in [Some Town], Ohio

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

RE: Not Hearing That

It seems this week has been lacking in posts.  I've been a bit zoned out, so I haven't noticed any awesome quotes to post.  I am sure there were many, unfortunately, I didn't get them documented.  So, come on people, say some thing BRILLIANT!