Skip to main content

RE: Is This Real Life?

Stella overheard neighbors fighting while sitting in her backyard.  Here is an excerpt she shared with me:

When have I ever played games witch you?! Nigga, you see what I'm livin' in to be witch you cause I love you?

A little later, I get the following chat message:

I regaled my dad with the story of the neighbor fight.  He said, "I keep telling you there should be a law against some of the pure CRAP they call TV."  I said, "This isn't on TV!!!  This is coming from my neighbor's house.!!!"  He said, "HOLY SHIT!!!!!  Love thy neighbor, I guess..."

I guess I can see how he would think it was a TV show.  I made him watch "Toddlers and Tiaras" all afternoon yesterday.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

RE: Touché

Facebook post of a conversation between a friend and her youngest child, a 6 year old girl: Little girl: Mom, how old will I be when [oldest brother, 16 yrs. old] is a dad? Friend: {In my head}  Good Lord, at least 20 I hope. {Out loud} Well, we never know how old we will be when we become parents; only God knows. {Apparently not a good enough answer} Little girl:  But how old CAN you be when you have a baby? Friend: Well...sometimes we just don't have an answer. I don't know how old you CAN be, I only know that we wait until God gives us a baby. Little girl: I can't believe you have 6 babies and you have no idea how old you are when you can get them and have no idea how they get in your belly.